Classes are currently being taught online. All physical facilities are closed to the public at this time, and employees are working remotely.
Please visit for additional information and to find contact information for various departments.
If you need additional assistance, please visit My Community Services and our Community Employment Resources.

Check Out the New Preferred Name Change Process

This article appeared in the June 4, 2019, issue of the student newsletter.

By Mark Ammann
Associate Dean, Admissions, Richland College

Do you prefer to go by your middle name, a nickname or a name you feel better reflects your gender identity? If so, you're now able to add a preferred name to your official DCCCD record, including your student ID, through a new districtwide process.

If you've recently changed your legal name (for example, if you've gotten married or divorced or have transitioned), this process also allows you to make changes to your records with proper documentation to support a legal name change.

If you want to add a preferred name to (or update your legal name on) your DCCCD record, follow these steps:

  1. Access the DCCCD Change of Name form online.
  2. Print the form.
  3. Return a completed copy of the form, along with any required documentation*, to the Admissions/Registrar's Office at your college of choice.

*Documentation is only required for legal name changes to your college record. You do not need to provide documentation to add a preferred name.

Note: All requests to change your preferred name are subject to approval by the Office of the Registrar. This process is not intended to be used for purposes of misrepresentation or fraud. Repeated requests will not be allowed.

If you have questions about the new preferred name change process, you can read more about it here. You can always contact your college's Admissions/Registrar's Office with any questions about this process or for more information about your student record.