Section 20.3.12 Revised 09-01-16
A. DEFINITION OF COVERAGE
1. Coverage is provided for all students of the allied health professions and faculty who instruct or supervise such students. The covered categories include, but are not limited to the following: LPNs/LVNs, Medical Laboratory Technicians, Medical Technical Assistants, EMT's, Radiology Technologists, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Surgical Technologists, and Dental Therapists.
2. The policy provides payment for damages resulting from a medical incident (injury or property damage to a patient, client, or fellow allied health student) for which a DCCCD allied health student is liable and/or a DCCCD faculty member is liable due to instruction or supervision techniques. DCCCD is named as an additional insured to provide coverage for legal expenses, where appropriate. The policy period is from 9/1 to 8/31 every year and payment is prorated per semester.
B. LIMITS AND DEDUCTIBLES
Limits per student:
$1,000,000 per occurrence
$0 per claim of property damage
C. REPORTING OF STUDENT ROLLS
1. The college Allied Health Professions Dean and/or Continuing Education Dean, or designee, is responsible for completing and providing the Census Form of the total number of allied health profession students by category to District Risk Management.
2. The Census Form must be provided each semester/session within 10 days of the State certification date. A list of all health profession program students should be kept on campus for insurance auditing purposes.
Reference Section 20.2.0 for standard procedure.
Charges are paid by the student into account 24-XX-939316-86900.
1. For all programs (credit and non credit) the cost to the student is as follows:
Class begins anytime from:
Fall Semester through 8/31 $ 11.70
Spring Semester through 8/31 $ 8.00
Summer Semester through 8/31 $ 5.00
Example: Non Credit
Class starts 10/23 $11.70 (Fall Semester)
Class starts 12/01 $11.70 (Fall Semester)
Class starts 01/21 $ 8.00 (Spring Semester)