Classes resume Monday, March 30, fully online.Please visit
dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to
learn how to prepare for online classes.
This page discusses how to take the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA), which is required before taking the TSI.
You will need your DCCCD student ID number, and you must be able to log into your eConnect account.
Once you have your login information:
1) Watch the online PAA instructional video by choosing your college from the "Video Links" list. This will launch the college's PAA video automatically.
2) After watching the video, click the link below the video that reads, "Continue to Pre-Assessment Quiz."
(The image below shows Richland College as an example.)
3) You will be taken to the eConnect login screen. Go ahead and log in. If you don't know your DCCCD student ID or don't know how to log in for the first time, don't panic. See the instructions for finding your student ID and logging in to eConnect at the top of this page.
4) After you log in, you will see a statement where you can certify you watched the PAA video. Check the certification box and then click the "Submit" button.
To complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA), students must take a short practice quiz and submit the answers online. Be prepared; you only have 15 minutes to complete the practice quiz before it times out. If you need additional time to consider your answers, print out the quiz. There is a "print page" button located at the top of the quiz page. When you are ready to submit the answers, log back into eConnect and continue to the assessment.
Selecting "Submit" below takes you directly to the online quiz. You will then be directed to a confirmation page, and your participation will be recorded.
"I certify that I have watched the pre-assessment video and I am ready to take the quiz."
5) Made it this far? OK, then your screen should look something like this:
At this point, you just need to complete the questions on the PAA: