|L Building - Room L105
Phone 972-860-2994, 2922
|Hours: M - TH, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m
Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuition payments
- Tuition installment plans (TIP)
- Event tickets
- Check pickup
- Returned checks
- Sponsor billing
- Cash boxes
- Vending machine refunds/repairs
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- What forms of payment are accepted for tuition, Accuplacer tests, etc.?
- Cash, credit card, debit card, money order, preprinted check, and cashier check are all acceptable forms of payment.
- When paying with a check, what information is needed?
- On a preprinted check (not a new, temporary check), record the driver license number, phone number, and birth date of the person signing the check, as well as the student identification number.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- The business office accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover & American Express.
- How soon after I register for my classes must I pay for them?
- The time for payment varies. Your payment due date is always stated on your registration statement. You must pay by the payment due date on your registration statement or you risk being dropped from your class(es).
- Do tuition payments have to be made in person?
- No, you may pay for credit classes online through eConnect or by telephone. Payment for corporate and continuing education can be made online through eConnect or by calling the Cashier's Office at 972-860-2994. Payments also may be mailed to:
Cedar Valley College
Be sure to allow for sufficient time for the check to arrive and to be processed by the due date on the registration summary, otherwise you run the risk of being de-registered. If this happens, you will need to be put back in the class through the Advising/Admissions Office.
Attn: Cashiers Office
3030 N Dallas Ave
Lancaster, TX 75134
- How long does it take to get a refund?
- Processing time for refunds is four to six weeks. DCCCD campuses do not give CA$H Refunds!
- How will my refund come?
- If you paid with cash or check, you will get your refund through your HigherOne card, or whatever other option you chose when you verified your address. Payment by credit card is reimbursed by credit card. Multiple forms of payment may result in multiple forms of reimbursement.
- Can you accept my financial aid check as payment for my tuition?
- If the Dallas County Community College District issues the check it can be used to pay your tuition. Otherwise, you will need to have your check deposited in your checking account or cashed elsewhere.
- If I write a bad check, may I write another check to cover it?
- No, you will not be allowed to write a check to cover a bad check. Only cash, credit card, debit card, cashier check, or money order payments will be accepted to clear a bad check. In addition, there will be a $25 service charge for a returned check.
- Can the Business Office cash my personal check?
- No. Neither employees nor students may cash personal checks anywhere at the college.
- Are partial payments an option?
- You may sign up for the Tuition Installment Plan, TIP, during the fall and spring semesters only by the deadline listed in the credit course schedule. No other partial payments are an option. TIP is not available during the summer.
- Can I sign up for the payment plan over the phone or send someone in to sign up for me?
- You can set-up a payment plan over the phone, but you must sign the payment plan agreement form yourself.
- May I make a TIP payment online?
- Yes. Go online to eConnect and choose Make a Payment.
- What kinds of classes are covered by the payment plan?
- Only credit classes during the spring and fall semesters may be set up on the Tuition Installment Plan. Courses taken during mini-mesters(May, Winter), flex-entry, Summer I and Summer II are not eligible for the TIP. Review the calendar in the credit course schedule for the TIP deadline. Continuing education courses are excluded.
- Does anything happen if I add or drop a class while on the payment plan?
- Yes! Adding or dropping a class always generates a new invoice whether you are on the payment plan or not. When you add or drop a class, be sure to check the payment due date at the bottom of your new registration statement. If any amount owed is not paid by the payment due date on the registration statement, you run the risk of being dropped from your class(es). In addition, you must go online or come to the cashiers office and add a new class to the payment plan, get a new due date for one half of the tuition cost and pay to ensure enrollment in the class.
- When I tried to access eConnect, I was denied. What are the criteria for using eConnect?
- Any Cedar Valley College student who has registered for credit courses can pay online through eConnect with a credit or debit card with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa logo on it. There are specific criteria for registering for courses via eConnect. If you have trouble using eConnect, please call technical support at 972-669-6402.
- I put a stop payment on a check; does this mean I am automatically withdrawn from my classes?
- No. A stop payment is treated as a returned check. The student will be charged a $25 service charge, in addition to any tuition owed. Stopping payment on a check does not drop a student from classes. It is the student's responsibility to drop/withdraw through the Admissions Office and pay any resulting costs.
- Does the District offer health insurance to its students?
- Contact the CVC Health Center at 972-860-8277, Rm A104A, to learn about student health insurance.
- How much does it cost to attend a DCCCD college?
- You will find the tuition costs on the DCCCD Web site.