The new 60 credit hour program is eligible for all federal financial aid.
If you plan on applying for financial aid, you must plan ahead; there are deadlines that must be met. Most financial aid programs have limited funds, so it is important to apply and submit required documents as early as possible. Limited funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Do not wait until the last minute to apply.
DEADLINES for Applying for Financial Aid:
Students wanting to enroll for the upcoming semester must have their application for financial aid and to the program/college submitted no later than the following dates:
- October 1: Spring class attendance
- March 1: Summer class attendance
- May 1: Fall class attendance
Students missing these deadlines can still attend but they will need to either set up a payment plan or pay for the entire course out of pocket. Failure to make arrangements will result in getting dropped.
Student Enrollment Status:
- Full Time= 12 or more hours (fall or spring semester) or six or more hours in the summer
- Part Time= Less than 12 hours (fall or spring semester) or less than six hours in the summer
- Students must enroll in 6 or more hours to be awarded.
Applying for Aid Step by Step
For detailed information on applying for aid please visit the District website
For a quick guide to the financial aid process, click on the links below.
Before You Apply for Financial Aid:
- Apply for admission to the college of your choice.
Tip: Report your name and Social Security number exactly as they appear on your Social Security card when you fill out your admissions application.
- Be sure you understand the whole admissions and registration process.
- Apply for an eConnect account.
- Know the important financial aid dates and deadlines.
Step 1: File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step 2: Complete your financial aid file
Step 3: Review award information
Step 4: Register for classes
Cedar Valley College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
3030 North Dallas Ave.
Lancaster, TX 75134
office hours: Monday-Tuesday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Wednesday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Please visit the DCCCD financial aid page for more information.
Financial Aid Advisors
- Director of Financial Aid Cathy Adams
- Make sure to include that you are a DL vet tech student in your email as well as your full name, id number and contact information.
- Financial Aid call center 972-587-2599
Please do not call our office, we do not have the screens to be able to help you and there is not another number you can call. You must use the numbers above for questions concerning financial aid. The key to financial aid is planning ahead and persistence.
Other Funding Options:
- Private Educational Loans (check with any lending institution).
- Employer Sponsored
- MYCAA and other Military benefits
- Workforce, Rehab, or other governmental agency tuition assistance