- Financial Aid is currently not accepted for levels 1-3.
- Financial aid can be used for general education and level 4 courses.
- MYCAA can be used for all courses
- Level 1-3 courses are not eligible to receive the 1098 T tax form.
- Only general education and level 4 classes are eligible for the 1098 T form tax deduction.
What is federal financial aid?
- Guaranteed student loans (subsidized or unsubsidized Stafford loans)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Some State Grants
Applying for Financial Aid for general education and level 4 courses:
If you plan on applying for financial aid, you must plan ahead; there are deadlines that must be met. Most financial aid programs have limited funds, so it is important to apply and submit required documents as early as possible. Limited funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis. ** Currently, federal aid (including pell and guaranteed loans) are not able to be used on level 1-3 courses, but it can be used on general education and level 4 courses. Do not wait until the last minute to apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Title IV code: 014035
- Complete the online entrance counseling requirement and also complete a Master Promissory Note at http://studentloans.gov. This site uses your FAFSA PIN to log in to Manage My Direct Loan.
- Complete the Direct Loan Promissory. If you want to apply for a Federal Direct Loan (FDL) to help pay some of your educational costs, you must complete and submit this form to Cedar Valley College’s Financial Aid Department. Important: Before you submit this form, you must have completed the above steps. Fax to 972-682-7038.
Cedar Valley College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
3030 North Dallas Ave.
Lancaster, TX 75134
office hours: Monday-Tuesday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Wednesday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Financial Aid Advisors
- Director of Financial Aid Cathy Adams
- Make sure to include that you are a DL vet tech student in your email as well as your full name, id number and contact information.
- Financial Aid call center 972-587-2599
Please do not call our office, we do not have the screens to be able to help you and there is not another number you can call. You must use the numbers above for questions concerning financial aid. The key to financial aid is planning ahead and persistence.
Other Funding Options:
- Private Educational Loans (check with any lending institution).
- Employer Sponsored
- MYCAA can be used for all the courses including general education and levels 1-4