Estimated Expenses for the Veterinary Technology Program
Tuition (Dallas or Tarrant Counties) - The approximate total for the entire program is $4248.00. Tuition is paid each semester based on the number of credit hours for which the student enrolls. For example, the tuition for a 12 credit hour semester is $708.00 based on Dallas or Tarrant County residency. Payment plans and financial aid for qualifying students are available.
|General Education Textbooks
|Veterinary Technology Texts
|Rabies Prophylactic Vaccinations
||35.00 (and up)|
||20.00 (and up)|
|Watch w/Second Hand
|Applicant Fees and LVT – State/National Board Exams
**Tuition is due on the payment due date printed on the registration summary. Please be prepared to pay when you register. Cash, checks, money orders, and major credit cards are accepted for tuition and other payments. Learn more about Financial, grants, loans, and scholarships by visiting the Financial Aid office.
If you plan on applying for financial aid, you must plan ahead; there are deadlines that must be met. Most financial aid programs have limited funds, so it is important to apply and submit required documents as early as possible. Limited funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Do not wait until the last minute to apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Title IV code: 014035
- Complete the online entrance counseling requirement and also complete a Master Promissory Note at http://studentloans.gov. This site uses your FAFSA PIN to log in to Manage My Direct Loan.
- Complete the Direct Loan Promissory . If you want to apply for a Federal Direct Loan (FDL) to help pay some of your educational costs, you must complete and submit this form to Cedar Valley College's Financial Aid Department. Important: Before you submit this form, you must have completed the above steps. Fax to 972-682-7038.
Cedar Valley College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
3030 North Dallas Ave.
Lancaster, TX 75134
office hours: Monday-Tuesday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Wednesday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
Note: More information is available at: http://www.dcccd.edu/PC/FA/Pages/default.aspx
Financial Aid Advisors
- Director of Financial Aid Cathy Adams
- Make sure to include that you are a Vet Tech student in your email as well as your full name, id number and contact information.
- Financial Aid call center 972-587-2599
Please do not call our office, we do not have the screens to be able to help you and there is not another number you can call. You must use the numbers above for questions concerning financial aid. The key to financial aid is planning ahead and persistence.
Other Funding Options
- Private Educational Loans (check with any lending institution).
- Employer Sponsored
- MYCAA can be used for all the courses including general education and levels 1-4