To receive a diploma or certificate, you are encouraged to complete an Application for Diploma/Certificate online. You should apply for graduation one semester before you complete all your required courses. Check with the Admissions/Registrar's Office for the deadline for applying.
Cedar Valley College holds an annual commencement ceremony at the end of the spring semester to recognize the Fall graduates and Spring and Summer potential graduates. Students are eligible to participate in the ceremony if no more than (12) twelve credit hours remain at the end of the spring semester. Commencement is ceremonial only and does not confer the right of a degree upon a student. If you are scheduled to take a final exam on the night of the commencement ceremony, we suggest you speak to your instructor to arrange to take the exam at an earlier date or time.
Detailed information regarding the location of the ceremony will be available via our website. In addition, information regarding the ceremony will be emailed to students who have submitted an Application for a Diploma/Certificate form. The RSVP slip must be returned to the Admissions/Registrar's Office indicating whether or not you plan to attend. Diplomas/certificates are not distributed at the ceremony. They will be mailed to students to the address on the application (4) four to (6) six weeks after the end of the semester, when all requirements have been met.
- If you are going to attend this year's graduation ceremony and have not informed the Admissions/Registrar's Office, please do so immediately.
- Cap and gowns are to be purchased at the Cedar Valley College Bookstore (Follett's: 972-860-2900).
- Remove your cap and gown from the plastic bag at least 48 hours prior to the ceremony to allow the folds produced as a result of packaging to relax.
- Suggested attire is dark pants and dark shoes for males and dark shoes for females.
- Phi Theta Kappa regalia items may be purchased from the Recognitions Store online.
- Do not bring personal items (purses, cosmetic bags, cell phones, etc.) with you for the graduation line-up! There is no place in the facility to secure your belongings.
- Please arrive no later than 6:00 p.m.!
- Tickets are not required for your guests and there is no limit to the number of people you invite to attend.
- A professional photographer will take individual photos of each graduate at rehearsal ONLY.
Questions? Please visit the Admissions/Registrar's Office or call 972-860-8069/5262.
NOTE: Each college may graduate current and former students who have met graduation requirements with or without student's permission.