Students should apply for graduation by contacting their campus Registrar's office 2 - 3 months prior to the anticipated commencement ceremony date. Students who have met all TSI, degree/certificate, and graduation requirements will be awarded their degree or certificate of completion.
In addition to other graduation requirements, you must complete within five (5) years the course requirements for your degree or certificate as outlined in the catalog in effect at the time of your entrance to the college. You may have the option to select a more recent catalog year, provided the necessary courses are still offered and the degree/certificate requirements are met within five (5) years of the catalog year selected.
Twenty-five percent (25%) of the total credit hours for your degree/certificate must be completed in residence at the college awarding the degree/certificate.
The college reserves the right to modify or make changes in degree or certificate as appropriate. Students are ultimately responsible for selecting and registering for courses to complete a degree or certificate and meeting graduation requirements.
Cedar Valley College holds an annual commencement ceremony at the end of the spring semester to recognize the fall graduates and spring and summer potential graduates. Students are eligible to participate in the ceremony if no more than 12 hours remain at the end of the spring semester. Commencement is ceremonial only and does not confer the right of a degree upon a student. If you are scheduled to take a final exam on the night of the commencement ceremony, we suggest you speak to your instructor to arrange to take the exam at an earlier date or time.
Detailed information regarding the location of the ceremony will be available via our website www.cedarvalleycollege.edu. In addition, an invitation will be sent to those students who have submitted an Application for a Diploma/Certificate and who have indicated they will attend the ceremony. You will be instructed to come to the Admissions Office to sign up and will be given the approval slip for purchasing your cap and gown. Diplomas/certificates are not distributed at the ceremony. Once all requirements have been met and printing of your diploma/certificate is complete, diplomas/certificates will be mailed to the address on the application for graduation. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing.
- If you are going to attend this year's graduation ceremony and have not informed the Admissions Office, please do so immediately.
- Cap and gowns are to be purchased at the Cedar Valley College Bookstore (you must first obtain from Admissions the purchase approval slip). Please make your purchases early to ensure availability of your correct size cap and gown. For a uniform and prestigious look, the only cap and gown that may be worn at the graduation ceremony are ones that are purchased at the campus bookstore. No exceptions will be made.
- A Commencement rehearsal will be held prior to graduation. It is very important that you attend the rehearsal. Please have your driver's license or CVC Student ID with you. Information regarding the location and time will be announced early spring via our website www.cedarvalleycollege.edu.
- Remove your cap and gown from the plastic bag at least 48 hours prior to the ceremony to allow the folds produced as a result of packaging to relax.
- Suggested attire is dark pants and dark shoes for males and dark shoes for females (please limit your heel height to 3 inches).
- Phi Theta Kappa regalia items may be purchased from the Recognitions Store at http://recognitions.ptk.org/index.php/graduation.html.
- Do not bring personal items (purses, cosmetic bags, cell phones, etc.) with you for the graduation line-up! There is no place in the facility to secure your belongings.
- Please arrive fully robed no later than 6:00 p.m.! The graduation processional will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.! Make sure you have all parts of your cap and gown, including tassel.
- Tickets are not required for your guests and there is no limit to the number of people you invite to attend.