Emergency Procedures for Active Shooter Incidents
Active Shooter Incidents
The following guidelines are emergency actions that can be taken in the event an armed individual enters an area and starts shooting. These are only suggestions and should not override your own assessment of the situation. Using you best judgment is paramount to surviving.
- Proceed to the nearest room, barricade and/or loch yourselves in the room.
- Turn out the lights if possible
- Close blinds if possible, and move away from windows.
- Get down on the floor, get behind a desk, take cover and be quiet.
- If possible, dial 911 and give known information and location.
- If possible make a list of all subjects in the room.
- Do not open the door/s or come out until the Police arrive to escort you out.
|Notify the College Police at 911 from any campus phone,
or 972-860-4290 from a cell phone.