Requirements for Salesman Licensure
Educational Requirements for Applying for Salesman Licensure
For your initial licensure, using the program of study we offer here at Cedar Valley College, you'll need to take the following courses:
- RELE 1301, Principles of Real Estate I
- RELE 1338, Principles of Real Estate II
- RELE 2301, Law of Agency
- RELE 1311, Law of Contracts
- RELE 1319, Real Estate Finance
- RELE 1200 or RELE 1300, Contract Forms and Addenda
Courses are offered online or may be available in a classroom setting. Online courses begin every 6 – 8 weeks throughout the year. See "Course Schedules" for dates/times of classroom courses.
Note: In compliance with Section 7A(a) of The Real Estate License Act, to renew an active license at the end of the first license period, after the license period in which all Salesman Annual Education (SAE) requirements are completed, Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) hours will be required.