- Copy Machines
Students, staff, and the public use. 10¢ per black and white letter and legal size single-sided page. 15¢ per black and white letter and legal size double-sided page. 50¢ per color letter and legal single-sided size page. 75¢ per color letter and legal size double-sided page. Account setup is activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. Copy refunds are given for machine malfunction only. Library staff assistance is available for any printing and copying problem.
- Computer Printers
Students, staff, and the public use. 10¢ per black and white letter and legal size single-sided page. Account setup is activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. Library staff assistance is available for any printing and copying problem.
- Add Value Station
Students, staff, and public use. Create and add value to an existing print accounts. Located near the Reference desk. Accounts are activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. The add value station will accept $1, $5, $10, or $20 in bills. Library staff assistance is available for account setup.
- Group Study Room
Students, faculty and staff. Small groups of 1 to 4. Cedar Valley College student or staff ID is required. see: Guidelines for Group Study Rooms.
- Internet Access
During periods of high demand, user priority is given to Cedar Valley College students for assignment completion, research, and the use of instructional applications. Minors under the age of 18, not affiliated with Cedar Valley College may not use computers, or accompany their guardian into the Library's computer areas. see Guidelines for Computer Use Policy,Guidelines for Minors Use Policy
Back to Top
- Reference Services is available at the library Reference Desk, Ask a Librarian email access, and by telephone (972-860-8140). Distance Learners have access to reference assistance through Help, Ask a Librarian, and Chat with a Librarian. Individual assistance is available in:
- Defining a research topic, how to narrow or broaden the focus
- Search terms for the best results
- Locating information on specific topics
- Databases selection
- Evaluating resources in all formats
- Citing sources in MLA, APA, and other standard formats.
- Book and Periodical Acquisition Requests by students, faculty, and staff. Submit through the Suggestion Box of the online catalog. Faculty suggestions may be submitted to the Associate Dean, Educational Resources, or any of the reference staff in writing or via email, and all requests are subject to DCCCD System Library Materials Selection Policy.
- Distance Learning Library Catalog, Online Databases, LibGuides, FAQs, and special tutorials all available through the Cedar Valley College Library website. Additional special assistance is available via the Help feature, Ask a Librarian, and Chat With A Librarian.
- LibGuides are subject guides in electronic format designed for specific course content and assignments. LibGuides provide research assistance and resources to on-campus and distance learning students by supporting both in-class and online instruction. Custom made LibGuides are available for instructors upon request.
- Magazines, Journals, and Newspapers Library-use-only print format must be used in the library and may not be checked out. Back issues are located in library room C-104M. To request back issues of Dallas Morning News, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal from the circulation staff, a Cedar Valley College, other DCCCD, or picture ID is required. Periodicals are retained in print for at least one year. Newspapers are retained in print for at least three months. Some titles are offered on microfiche and microfilm.
Back to Top
- Block Status and Removal Contact the Circulation Services Desk at 972-860-8140.
- Hold Service for Books Holds may be placed online on a circulating item that is currently checked out. Notification is made by email when the item is available. For more information see the Guidelines for Interlibrary/Intercollege Loans.
- Intercollege Loans may be obtained through the Request function of the Library online catalog. This allows patrons to request materials from any DCCCD campus. The user's name and ID are required. Requested items are usually received within four days. For more information see the Guidelines for Interlibrary/Intercollege Loans.
- Interlibrary Loans Circulating materials or periodical articles available at libraries outside of the DCCCD may be obtained through the Interlibrary Loan function of the Library Catalog. The user's name and ID are required. Requested items are usually received within 6 weeks. For more information see the Guidelines for Interlibrary/Intercollege Loans.
- Renewals and Overdue Materials Before a final due date, borrowers receive a courtesy reminder via email with an option to renew overdue items on or before the due date. If another user has requested the item or you have already renewed the item once, you may not be able to renew. Renewals may also be done through the My Library Account function of the Library Catalog or in person. Return overdue items to the Circulation Desk during open hours or the Book Drop drawer located outside of the library on the first floor of C Building when the library is closed. All blocks on lost or overdue items are cleared at the Circulation Desk.
- TEXSHARE is a cooperative program through the state of Texas that provides direct access and limited borrowing privileges to TexShare card holders at member libraries. TexShare is available to DCCCD students currently enrolled in credit courses and all DCCCD staff and faculty. Application for a TexShare card must be made through the home campus library. Students and staff at Cedar Valley College may apply in person at the Circulation Desk. A Cedar Valley College ID or picture ID is required. For more information, please view the TexShare website.
Back to Top
Media / Reserve Collection
Instructor's Reserves is a collection of print and non-print materials including some textbooks, copies of articles, syllabi, and supplemental books. Other print and non-print items are on Reserve as well. All reserve materials are for 2-hour, library-use only. A Cedar Valley College, other DCCCD, or photo ID is required.
- Selected Textbooks, Required Reading, and Media placed on reserve by faculty for student use.
- DVDs and VHS Media Collection. Viewing stations are onsite.
- ITV - Instructional Television Course Videos are available for in-library use and three-day check out to two items per person. Semester sets for self-paced courses are available after orientation for the class enrolled. A paid fee receipt and ID must be presented to check out semester sets.
Back to Top
Questions or Comments Regarding Library Services?
Contact the Director of Library Services
|T-STEM Scholarship Available|
The T-STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship available to students who meet certain criteria. Application deadline August 14th 2014.
Fast track to an associate's degree through evening classes. Affordable. Convenient. Success-Oriented.
|Ready2Go Online Program|
It’s simple. 2 classes at a time. 2 year degree plan. The new pathway to an online associate’s degree.
|Sign up for DCCCD Emergency Alerts!|
Be one of the first to know in the event of an unscheduled closing.