Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
The TBODC DBE Supportive Services Program provides development, technical, and networking opportunities designed to complement and/or enhance the business skills of DBE's, thereby giving them a competitive edge when proposing and/or participating on TxDOT projects.
In an effort to increase the number of minorities, women, and disabled business enterprises participating in the highway construction industry, Cedar Valley College will offer business development services and programs thought the TBODC Center that will utilize community and industry business development resources that target the needs of underutilized DBE firms.
How to become a TBODC DBE Participant
The companies must meet the following criteria:
- must be locally based in the Dallas/Forth Worth area (North Texas region)
- at least one year as a certified DBE
- demonstrated interest in working on highway contracts
- good standing on all tax obligations
- profitable operations in at least two of the previous three years