Cedar Valley College Fact Sheet
- Cedar Valley College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- Cedar Valley College is located on more than 300 acres in southern Dallas County. Our award-winning architecture and careful attention to landscaping have given us a reputation for being one of the most scenic areas in the Metroplex.
- The mission of Cedar Valley College is to provide quality learning that prepares students for success in a dynamic world.
- Celebrating over 30 years Cedar Valley College was founded in 1977 and today offers over 13 degree plans on campus, online and on weekends.
- More than 4,000 students benefit from its comprehensive curriculum, which includes for credit academic transfer career programs and non-credit continuing education courses such as real estate, computer technology, foreign language and music.
- Campus facilities doubled in square footage to over 350,000 square feet of usable space with the addition of the Science/Vet-Tech/Allied Health and Industrial Technology buildings opening in 2009.
- Our accredited institution represents one of seven colleges with the Dallas County Community College District serving more than 64,000 credit and 25,000 continuing education students each semester.
- Community colleges are the fastest-growing mode of higher education, serving nearly half of all first-time freshmen and nearly half of all college and university undergraduates.
- Early College High School Program affords area high school freshmen – in 2010 with 111 freshmen - the opportunity to earn up to 60 credit hours toward their college careers and high school diploma at the same time.
- The African American & Latino Male Initiative was launched in June 2009. This yearlong program uses innovative and practical methods for effectively involving and empowering young men to achieve academic success and to remain in college.
- Elsie Barnett received the prestigious National Excellence in Teaching Award in 2009. This award is giving to one individual annual.
- Jennifer Wisdom, former CVC student and current Columbia University student, received the National Phi Theta Kappa USA Today All-America Team recognition.
- Former music teacher Arlington Jones released his second book of original jazz piano etudes, published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company in 2008.
Printable Fact Sheet