Academic Student-Athlete Program (ASAP)
To make every attempt to ensure the academic success of our student athletes.
- Each coach defines a program for their student athletes to follow during the year. This includes but is not limited to:
- Spending 2-3 hours a week in the tutoring center
- Attending various workshops
- 1-2 hours a week of supervised study hall
- Grade checks performed 1-2 times per semester
- Data is collected on each student athlete (including absences, study habits, and general grade performance), and from this information we establish learning trends. These records enable the athletic department to promote the success and retention of the athlete.